Monday, March 2, 2009

Race Results and the Beginning of Evening Shifts

Just thought I'd ship along a quick update regarding the R/C race that we went to Billings for over the weekend. Paul got Top Qualifier in his trans-am class...which was especially cool since he got it during the last qualifying event, and knocked out the guy that had held the Top Qualifier position from the beginning. Paul got a nice trophy for that one. For the race results...he got 3rd place in his trans-am class, 6th place in his 1/12th scale, and ended up not being able to race his touring car. So overall, a very successful adventure for him. I helped the Billings economy by doing some (more) shopping. Made a good dent in the paycheck...which is alright, I'd skimped the last couple paychecks so I could have some extra spending money for the trip. I didn't even get as much as I was going to since I never officially hit the mall there.

So tonight I start a rather quick string of evening shifts. I took off the first 2 of them to go to Billings, so I've only got 3 evening shifts this string. Works for me. ;) I did not prep well enough for these shifts though. I probably only stayed awake until 1130p last night, when I really should have stayed up until 1 or 2 am. Oh well...that's what caffeine is for! :) Working with a great crew over the next three nights, so that will certainly help me out quite a bit. As will the guaranteed sugar/caffeine high that I'll be on after 11p tonight. I should make it to 1230a or so ok...but after that I'll be struggling a bit. But hey, it'll work out alright...it always does. 

Anyhow, as I've said before, I will try to get some pictures of the race (or at least Paul holding his trophies) up here someday. They are still residing on that camera, so when they finally make it off there I'll update. Hope all is well.