Saturday, March 21, 2009

Katy's Mom Visits


Hooray for family visits! My Mom arrived on Wednesday evening, thankfully with smooth flights. Paul and I were concerned for a bit because we looked up the wrong flight and saw it had been delayed to the point that she would have been running between gates in Denver (and anyone who's flown to a smaller city and knows what it's like to go from the B terminal to the A terminal (the outdoor gates) and what a hassle that can be!). But as I alluded to, we were looking at the wrong flight and her connection was time-filled so that she was able to get dinner at Jimmy's Bistro in the Denver airport. That place has very good food, I've enjoyed it whenever the chance has been had to eat there. 

Unfortunately I had to work 2 of the 3.5 days of her visit. But, Paul was able to take off Thursday afternoon, and had Friday off for Spring Break. So, they had plenty of quality visit time. On Thursday, they went out to lunch and to a couple small stores. Mom went with me to my book-club meeting that night where we discussed Three Cups of Tea. It was great having her there, I really enjoy going to book-club. Friday it sounds like Paul and Mom had a fairly busy day. They went shopping for a friend's birthday gift, and then down to Lander to get a new fish for the aquarium. In the evening was the birthday party for our now 21 year old friend, which consisted of dinner at The Depot (Mexican) and then cake and present opening at their house. Saturday has been more shopping and just general relaxing. It's been great having her here, and we'll be bummed to see her go tomorrow afternoon (though I'm sure my Dad will be glad to have her back).  Tonight we're planning on going to The Bull Steakhouse, and then Mom and I are going to have chick-flick night while Paul goes racing. We're going to watch The Miracle Worker, which I have to watch for my LEAD program and she wants to see again... and Nights in Rodanthe hopefully. At least Miracle Worker, and Nights in Rodanthe may not happen until Sunday morning, but we'll see what happens. 

The furry kids have loved having my Mom around...Clouie even chose her to snuggle with one night...which I have to admit was kind of nice to have the bed dog-free for one night. Anyhow, that's the news around here. Nothing overly new for me at work. I got a package in the mail for the LEAD program which had copies of The Miracle Worker movie, and two books - Courage, and The Servant...all of which I need to have read/watched by my arrival to Louisville in June. Shouldn't be a problem. 

Hope all is well elsewhere. Take care!!