Saturday, April 7, 2007

Saturday / Tuesday

When you work a rotating shift, your schedule gets completely messed up. In a normal person's world... it's Saturday. A wonderful day full of relaxation, family, and Mets baseball. In my world? Well, it's both my Monday and Tuesday since I started a string of 4 shifts today. Which means, I work on Easter. That's alright though... my husband said he will work to take care of our celebration dinner tomorrow. ;) The good news is that I'm off at 4pm. The bad news is that Mets baseball starts at 11:05am for me. Thankfully... the wonderful invention of XM is going to go to work with me tomorrow. I likely won't listen to the game... that's being recorded to enjoy after work. But, my co-worker likes the Cubs, so I thought he might like listening to that since he's more of a country music fan. And I'm not. At all. End of discussion.

So let's see... what else to talk about. Some complications arose with the house yesterday... but we're hoping everything will work out alright. We should hopefully know something in a couple of weeks. Until then, we'll carry on like nothing is going wrong, and hope we won't be looking for another new place again. We're incredibly frustrated by the ordeal, but life carries on, and we have every hope that everything will go the way we want it too.

Onto other things. One of my best friends had her first child (a daughter) yesterday evening!!! :) Both are healthy and doing well, which is always good news. I can't wait to see pictures sometime. I know it'll be a while until that happens... but I'll look forward regardless. Work was work today. I'm trying to improve my outreach skills, so am involved in a couple of events... one of which was my idea, and if it goes well, I will be very proud. As always... we'll see what happens. Well, the Mets winning streak is over for now. It's a shame it was their rival team that ended it, but it was their rival, which always makes for a good game. Alright all, back to our DVD of TV shows.... we're watching a disc of Lost: Season 2 tonight. Will probably only make it through 2 episodes before sleep takes over. So it goes when one works at 7a.

Happy Easter everyone! Enjoy your day with friends and family. :)