Thursday, April 5, 2007

Welcome!

It's different...being a forecaster in Wyoming. I'm not going to lie to you... if you don't like winter weather, I wouldn't suggest the climate here. But, the beauty and peace of everything out here makes it hard to imagine leaving. Mountain views... seeable from my office, and soon to be seeable from my house. Yep... we're moving. North of town... to a place with mountain views outside of every window that is much larger, with a good piece of land. We'll have a lot of work to do when we get there since it's new construction with no landscaping. It will be worth it. It's my husband's first time buying a house... my second (I moved here a couple of months ahead of him). He's so excited... he seems to be excited to pack boxes! I, too, am looking forward to the prospect of moving to this place. Have I mentioned the views?? I'm sure that plenty of pictures of the new place will be on here eventually. I would expect some lightning shots too, though that's dependent on how active our summer season is this year. Everything is just so unobstructed here...finding a shot isn't a complex activity. Coming from back east, where the city's population is twice as much as the entire state? Well, it's sparse here. But, cities of appreciable size are relatively close... a day drive at most. The serenity here is outstanding. Being able to start my career as a meteorologist in this area has been an experience to be sure. Tidbits of weather stuff will be on here too... though, I'm anticipating this to be more of a random topic ordeal than anything else.

So, welcome to the post of a forecaster who fancies family (people and furries), photography, television (woohoo Greys!), Mets Baseball, music (going to see Geneis reunion this year... can't wait), and movies. Feel free to check back as often as you wish. I'll sure try to be dedicated to this... we'll see how it pans out. :)