Monday, April 9, 2007

When Kittens Play

The cats are pretty thrilled in their recent catnip-induced haze. My cat, Noah, has just stolen the remains of a catnip leaf from his 'sister' Leah. No doubt it's a form of 'Nip-rage... he usually doesn't mess with her. She's without a doubt, the leader of all animals in the house... including my husband and I sometimes. :) Alright, most times. We at least have control over the food which gives some small amount of power in the cat hierarchy. Meanwhile... back to the world of the humans.

Still working on that whole working-out concept. It's not that I really mind working out, it's just the motivation involved in getting home, changing clothes, and then the added motivation to actually expel the energy involved to burn only enough calories to get rid of the Easter candy I ate this afternoon. It's something right? Absolutely... that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Work... ahh, the life of a forecaster. Was on the aviation desk today... basically I do a forecast for a 5 mile perimeter of 9 airports across Central and Western Wyoming... and also do a forecast for a 50 mile wide path between airports (plane paths). Anyhow... so I had that responsibility today while visiting with management for the first time in a week or so. Also had a new forecaster start today. He moved here from Virginia I believe, seems like a nice guy. I worked with one of my common lead forecasters today... the one who I contrast vastly on musical tastes with. Thankfully... the Mets home opener was on XM this afternoon... so we were both pretty appeased. While he's not a Mets fan, he loves baseball almost as much as I do. So, both of us were happy enough. Plus, the Mets came from behind in the 8th to beat the Phillies. It was exciting to listen to. Yes, I'm a Mets fan from Ohio. What can I say? They were the first team I played softball on when I was a kid... so I got addicted early. I stuck by them even during the lean years, so last season (and hopefully this season) have been a special treat. But enough about that.

My sister's baby is due soon. I'm bummed as always that I won't be there for the birth, and I'm sure she'll do great... she did for my other two nieces. I can't wait to meet the newest addition whenever we can get home again. Anyhow... enough rambling for today. It's time to find something different on TV before my husband gets his vice grip on the remote. :) Nite.